Ryan, AJ and I set out on a 7.5 mile backpacking trip with Jessica (Ryan's sister) and Matt Wooden her husband, up to a Rockbound Lake located in the Desolation Wilderness. We started our hike Friday morning at Loon Lake, which is part of the Ice House Reservoir. We made it to our destination in about 3 1/2 hours. It was a beautiful place, granite right on the water. We ate our lunch, set up camp, and swam. Then it was dinner time, all of us brought Mountain House dinners, which is gourmet! So delicious...Then all of us realized we brought nothing to do, no cards, nothin'! So we did the most resourceful thing we could think of, we played hang man, with a stick in the dirt, played charades, and whittled on a stick. Later, we tried some fishing with Matt's fishing pole, but all I managed to catch was a rock. After nothing else to do, we settled into bed at the late hour of 8:45pm. The next morning we ate breakfast, went swimming, then packed up camp and headed out! The hike back took a little longer, we were all really sore from the day before, but we made it safe and sound! We had a wonderful time being out there in the peace and quiet, and clean, fresh air! The lesson learned though, was bring something to do!
12 years ago

1 comment:
I'm impressed/jealous. When my kids were little, I could never get Nate to go backpacking with me. I always had to find friends to go with. The area looks gorgeous.
--Jenni
Post a Comment