Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Johnson Family Reunion

TOPAZ LAKE, NEVADA
For the Johnson Family Reunion we camped at Topaz Lake. It is a small lake on the border of Nevada and California. We were suppost to camp in Northern California at Whiskeytown Lake, by Redding, but because of all the fires, they closed down the whole lake. Topaz Lake was wonderful and we were happy it all worked out.
We took Highway 89 to get there, it was a beautiful winding road, we loved it! Sarah got hungry on the way there to we stopped at a turnout by a little creek...note to self and anyone else: small creek= tiny, nasty flies...EVERYWHERE!
Son watching Dad make fire.

You could barely see Sarah in her life-jacket. She loved the canoe and boat, it would put her right to sleep.

The view of Topaz Lake while tanning.

Andrew was helping Daddy put sunscreen on his back.

This is always my favorite!
Andrew was able to kneeboard by himself and wakeboard on the same board with Ryan...it was pretty amazing!

Ryan cutting the water on a single ski.

I am wakeboarding, I was able to jump the wake this year too...so what if it was only a few inches!

What a hottie!


Papa holding Sarah.
Granny and AJ
Happy Birthday Andrew!



We celebrated Andrew's 3rd birthday while we were Topaz Lake.



2 comments:

April said...

I loved all of your new posts. I check your blog nearly everyday to see if you've added new pictures so today I was pleasantly surprised! A few things: cool new truck!, I love your feet and your bathing suit, Sarah is SO pretty!, and last but not least.... see you NEXT week!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday AJ!!!! I love all of the new posts. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the reunion. I can't believe AJ is all ready knee boarding. That is so cool.