Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where's Waldo?

Every year since I can remember my Mom's side of the family goes camping at Waldo Lake, which is located between Eugene and Bend, OR. It is one of the cleanest lakes in the world. There is beautiful hiking all around it. The activities it is known for is Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Sailing, Hiking, and Fishing. There are beautiful sandy beaches. The water is a cold, but is so, so clear! You don't even need goggles to see under water. If you love camping and any of those activities, this is like a little piece of paradise! I went with the kids, Ryan had a business trip to Boston :(, and here are some of the things we did and went on... First off, where's Waldo?

On the way up there my aunt Tammy and Uncle Kim let me ride up with them. The drive was about 9 hours, this was the most enjoyable time of the trip for me...can you guess why?

On the first day there I went on a 7 mile hike with my mom, she told me it was 5. What' s another 2 miles with a 13 lb baby? I love you Mom, I had a great time, thanks for getting me to go!

This was Sarah every night, she slept solid from 9:30p to 9a. It was wonderful!

Wednesday, AJ got to go hiking with Mema. We hiked right along the lake... in the middle picture you can see how clear the lake is.

On that same day we almost burnt down the campground... Forest. The tree closest to us on the far left along with two others were engulfed in flames, due to our attempt to put up a propane shower! You can see a firefighter sitting behind us, watching and making sure it was out.

That night we celebrated my Aunts, Cara and Tammy and my Mom's Birthdays. Happy Birthday!

AJ and I went kayaking a couple times this week, it was so beautiful and peaceful.

This is how blue the water is!!

Waikiki is the Beach we would always kayak to. It is a sandy beach in a cove that also has a sandy bottom that you can walk on all throughout in. Behind the person taking the picture is where the sandy beach is though, sorry.

The Best kayaking was to watch the Sunset and the Full Moon.

AJ is so much fun, there is never a dole moment with him around.

My Aunt Cara's friend came with her daughter Hailey. She was a lifesaver to keep AJ entertained!


The last shower to get the kids clean for the ride home.

Last jumps off the dock!

On the ride home we got to ride in Grandma and Grandpa Carr's motor home. Definitely the way to travel!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us ride with you. Also, thank you to everyone else who helped me out that week with the kids. I love you all and it was so great to see everyone!

3 comments:

Jaimon Stucki said...

Waldo sounds like it was fun! We're sure sad that we missed it (and we probably will for the next 3 years at least). Nice pics!

April said...

That lake looks amazing! You were born a Mom, look at you giving your kids showers in the woods like it's no work at all. And hiking 7 miles with a 13 pound butterball strapped to you. You're amazing and so photogenic might I add!

Zach and Ivy Stucki said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm sad Zach and I couldn't be there. Maybe next year :)