Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday walk to the creek

We love to go for walks in our family...especially on Sundays! We have a creek right behind where we live and AJ loves to go there and throw rocks in the water! AJ had a couple of dramatic experiences there today, first he put his trucks in the water and then wanted us to go in and get them. Well, Ryan and I believe that if you make the choice you live with the consequence. AJ didn't want to get in the water because he thought the tadpoles would bite him. We reassured him that they wouldn't...he proceeded with a tantrum. So finally, I did the only thing a mother could do...I picked him up and stood in the the middle of the creek, by his truck. He then cried for about a minute and then got over it, as you can see in the pictures below. The next thing, AJ loved looking for the little clams in the water and he found a whole handful...when it was time to go home we told him he needed to put the clams back in their homes. He didn't want to, can you believe that! SO he threw a fit and after the whole walk home he still didn't understand why they couldn't live in our house! It was a wonderful walk despite the drama of a 3 year old.

My little loves!

We tried to get a picture with Sarah, but the only ones we got she had spit up coming out of her mouth!

Sweet Sarah

AJ before he got in the water...

Me putting him in it!



She is all smiles!







Sarah loves the water.



...so you think she is ready for a nap?

5 comments:

The Nasmans said...

That is just classic three-year old isn't it? Sarah's smiles are so contagious!

Jessica said...

I love the sucking thumb pic!

Wooden said...

Those are some great pictures! Your blog looks awesome.

kelsey said...

Love your new blog background! This post was so cute! I absolutely love the pic of you and Ryan and the top of Sarah's head!!

Becky said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!