Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dirt bike riding at Dry Lake, Nevada

A couple weekends ago, we went camping out in the desert of Nevada at a place called Dry Lake (about 45 min. out of Fernly). We went with Ryan's parents, and his brother, Jason, and his family. We had such a wonderful time. The wheather was absolutly amazing! No wind, perfect temperature! It was a little dusty, as you will see below with how dirty the kids are! But that what's great about being a kid , right? AJ loved riding with his Daddy on the motorcycle. We are able to harness him to Ryan so that he can go for the long rides with us. Sarah hung out in the back of the truck and played with toys and was just as happy as could be. Ryan's mom kept an I on her while we went riding...Thanks Granny/Mom! And thanks Dad and Jason for letting me use your quads...I am all about the automatic starts! For dinner we had warm chili, and breakfast "eggs in a bag" (best eggs ever and NO mess). It was such a nice get away.
It got a little chilly at night!

Here's our camp...above and below

Leslie and Jason feeding chili to Adam and AJ in his own little world eating chili too!

Adam is such a cute little guy, even when he has mud-caked drool all over his chin!

The guys!

Sarah and Granny

Ryan broke his shift lever on one of our rides and here he is deep in thought about how to fix it...and of course he did! He amazes me, he can fix anything! And I mean ANYTHING! It is so great, he has saved us a ton of money over the years!

I love this picture of these little dirt-balls!

They all get along so well and were so content just sitting and playing out there in the dirt!

4 comments:

Jason Johnson said...

Rach I'm glad you got some good pictures of the kids together. I wasn't so good about taking pictures. We had a blast spending the weekend with you. The kids did so well together.

The Nasmans said...

The kids are so dirty! It looks like you guys had a blast! Mom said the kids were in heaven and that Sarah was a happy as can be in the back of your truck! I think it is just amazing too how Ryan can fix everything! You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are all growing up so fast. I wish I could see you more often.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! Sooo... dirty but a blast. Great pictures Rach, and I also, am amazed that Ryan can fix almost anything!