Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Christmas Card To You

Merry Christmas
& Happy New Year
Our Dear Friends and Family,

Can you believe another year has gone by? We sure can’t! Ryan and I are always saying how fast the time seems to be going and how quickly our little ones are growing up. Each day becomes a memory with every passing second…and what memories we have had this year.
As many of you know, our sweet little girl, Sarah Nicole, came into our family on May 27th. What a wonderful day that was! She was 7 lbs, and 20 ½ inches long and so, so beautiful. She was very healthy and her own little self from the beginning. She is full of smiles and loves life. She has since grown…a lot…. At 6 months she was 16 lbs. 9 oz. and 27 ½ in. long, if it is any consolation, I was that big when I was 8 months. At 5 months she started sitting up, 5 ½ months she was crawling, 6 months she was pulling herself up, 7 months…EVERYWHERE! She also loves to find the smallest things and put them in her mouth, so I vacuum everyday and maybe twice. Sarah loves to crawl and explore all around, play in the tunnel we have and with her brother. Sarah adores Andrew; he can make her laugh anytime and with doing the simplest things.
Andrew loves his sister just as much, if not more! He is so helpful and just loves to be around her, holding her, and playing with her. We love seeing them play together and interact with one another. Andrew has grown up so much this year. He turned 3 July 9th and was able to celebrate his birthday at Topaz Lake, NV with the Johnson side of the family. He loved it up there and just to show how much energy this kid has…We were up there from Sunday to Friday, it took till Thursday, with no naps and late bed times, to finally wear him out! While we were there, he knee-boarded by himself and wake boarded with his Daddy. Andrew amazes us with the things he is able to do. A month before he turned 3 he learned how to ride a bike with no training wheels. His favorite things to do are; ride his bike, ride his scooter at the skate park, color, build things with his blocks, and play with his Geo Trax. We have had so much fun with Andrew this year, it is so wonderful and brings such joy to us to watch him grow, get excited for birthdays and holidays, especially Christmas, and to see the amazing person he is becoming.
Ryan is a busy man these days, with work, school, being a Daddy, and Hubby. He does such a wonderful job balancing it all out and we are all so grateful for all he does and provides for our family. Ryan as been going to school for the last year and half at the University of Phoenix and is very excited to finally be getting done next spring to summer. He is getting his Bachelors Degree in Business Administration. It has been a long road and it feels good to see the end in sight. He has been working with a company called Northern Video Systems since September 2007 and is enjoying it. Ryan is such great Dad. He drops everything when he comes home from work and plays and wrestles with Andrew, which is much needed for Andrew with all the energy that boy has.
Last but not least, me…I am busy being a Mommy of two! It has taken a little bit to adjust from one to two, but I think now I am getting the hang of it. From the bedtime schedule to running errands, it is as if I have had two kids all along. Most of my days I am working out with a group called Stroller Strides. I love it! It is a bunch of other moms with strollers and kids. There is a trainer that helps and guides us through our workout. I am just about down to the size I was before I had Sarah, and it feels so good to feel like myself again.
We have been able to take a few trips together this year. Ryan and I were able to go to Tahoe and Reno to celebrate our Anniversary of 4 years. It was our first trip away from Andrew, it was so wonderful to spend time with one another, wake up late, and do anything at anytime…we loved it! We were able to go snowmobiling when we were in Tahoe, it was so much fun.
In March I took the kids with my family up to the Oregon Coast. I forgot how beautiful it is there! We went from Coos Bay all the way up to Tillamook. Andrew loved the beach, it was his first time to see it. We spent a day and looked for shells and played in the sand. It was so wonderful to be with my family.
In July, as I had mentioned, we went camping at Topaz Lake with Ryan’s side of the family. We went boating, wakeboarding, and tubing. We had a great time together. Sarah did great too, only being 6 weeks old. The weather and water were perfect!
In August, I took the kids, once again, and went north to Waldo Lake in Oregon. I grew up camping there each year and so it was fun to be there with my children. I had such a great time seeing all the family from my Mom’s side that I hadn’t seen for awhile. We had fun swimming and kayaking. My favorite was staying up late with my aunts playing card games!
For Thanksgiving we went to my parent’s house in Bakersfield. I went early with the kids…I am always ditching Ryan, poor guy…and spent time with my Mom and Dad and brothers and sister. It was soooo fun. I love being with them. I was able to cook with my mom in the kitchen and she taught me how to make the best turkey ever!
We have had a wonderful year and look forward to the next one to come…We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love,
The Johnson's

P.S. We would love to send all of you a copy of our Christmas card in the mail. If you would like one, please leave us a comment and we will get in touch with you.

6 comments:

Becky said...

You have a lovely family! Your kids are adorable.

April said...

I love the picture of Sarah in the tunnel on your sidebar, what a little sweetheart. And your card does a great job summing up your year! Merry Christmas to your cute little family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic! I want it for my wall. I'm collecting family pictures to frame nicely....yours is gunna be one, ok?! :)

Kate said...

Beautiful picture!!!! I love it!!! Merry Christmas!!

paul and amanda jones said...

You have the most beautiful family, Rachel! Marry Christmas!

Teresa Strum said...

hope you had a nice christmas! Thanks for the christmas letter and family pic. What cute kids you have. Happy new Year!