We got to tour a firetruck while we were at the library for story time one week. AJ of course loved every minute.
Here is a conversation Andrew and I had on the way home the today....
Andrew: How do babies get inside your tummy?
Mommy: (I am thinking....how the heck do I answer this question....thinking still....ok here goes) ..umm well AJ, mommys have eggs inside of them and Daddys have... (shoot...thinking...thinking..) "stuff" inside of them that fertilize the egg inside of mommys and then a baby forms.
Andrew: So if you eat eggs you'll have a baby?
Mommy: Yep...(holding back from laughing)
Andrew: Is that why you eat eggs every morning?
Mommy: Yep!
Andrew: Why is, so and so (can't say who sorry...I am sworn to secrecy) have a baby in her tummy but her tummy doesn't stick out?
Mommy: Well, babies start out really tiny and then they get bigger and that is when you see the tummy poke out.
5 minutes go by.........
Andrew: Mommy when can I get a dog and Sarah get a dog and you and Daddy get a dog?
Mommy: Not until we are done having babies, sorry bud!
Andrew: When are you going to be done Mom?
Mommy: I want 2 more so not for awhile.
Andrew: You better start eating lots of eggs Mom....go home and eat some right now!
I justed about lost it! It was sooo funny. I love how children think. Now, poor AJ is going to think if Moms eat eggs that is where babies come from. I couldn't bring myself to correct him. I am just glad he didn't ask me how the Daddy "stuff" gets to Mommy's eggs....goodness that would have been bad! He's not old enough to know the details!!!
I hosted a cooking group and I taught everyone how to make Gnochi. It is a fun recipe and the sauce I now use for everything, spaghetti, lasagna, pizza...it's a great sauce and super easy!
Potato Gnocci with Tomato Sauce
Potato Gnocchi
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes (peeled, cut in 1/4s)
1 1/4 c. flour, plus extra for kneading
1 Tbsp. butter
3/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
Boil potatoes and drain and mash. Add remaining ingredients and blend. Knead for 1-2 minutes with additional flour. Roll small amounts into "snakes" and cut in 1" pieces. Boil until they float and remove with a slotted spoon.
Gnocchi Sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
2 tsp. dried basil
1/2-1 Tbsp. sugar, depending on preference
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer 1 hour.
12 years ago

7 comments:
Awesome! Totally hilarious.
Thats the best. Just gotta love how smart and inqusiitive kids are.
Haha. I got a kick out of that! Love that kid!
Oh now THAT was GOOD! Hmmm... now I'm curious :)
That was hilarious! I just love the way kids think. Andrew might get really confused when HE or Ryan eats eggs though. But, you handled that very well, by the way. I don't know what I would have said. Maybe I should start preparing for an answer before my kids get more curious.
Hee hee... so cute!!
p.s. It was good to see you at the wedding. Always wish there was more time to hang out!
hahaha im laughing soooo hard!!! That is just way too funny and way too cute!!
Post a Comment