There were two other women that were pregnant the same time I was. I was due in April, Maci, to my left, was due in May and Janae, to my right, was due in June. We had a baby shower together.
Anouncing Cody Mathew Johnson!

Cody was born on April 15, 2011 weighing 6 lbs. 13 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. He is such a sweet little boy. It was the most perfect labor and delivering... I guess the saying 3rd times a charm is true.
I went in for my routine appointment on Wednesday April 13th and I was dilated to a 1. At this point in the pregnancy I was in so much pain from the stress and strain on my body, I was done. Thursday, I looked up online about natural ways to induce labor and came across someone suggesting bouncing on a yoga ball for 15 min or so. Well, I bounced for 40 minutes and at 5pm my water broke!
I got in the shower and then Ryan came home from work and I told him my water broke and it was time to get ready to go! I got ready, did my hair, ate dinner. I felt contractions more so then with the other two, so I told Ryan we should probably hurry. We got AJ and Sarah dropped off and taken care of and then headed to the hospital.
In the triage they checked me and I was dilated to a 3, with my other 2 pregnancies my water broke but I never dilated, so this was wonderful news. I still opted to get an epidural and then be put on potocin. We got in to the hospital at 7:30pm and by midnight I finally had gotten all of my drugs :) The epidural was terrible when they put it in, it sent a strange sensation down my right leg and that leg was the most numb...could not lift it if my life depended on it. Once the epidural set in it was great. My blood pressure dropped right after that and I felt so dizzy, I looked over at Ryan and told him I felt really strange, then the anesthesiologist put some medication and I felt much better.
Now it was just a waiting game. At around 2 am Cody's heart-rate started dropping with every contraction, so they then took me off of the potocin and had my body do the rest naturally. Cody did much better after that. 

Waiting for our little guy to come.

At 5 am the mid-wife came in to check me and I was at a 10! It was almost time to push. She left to go check other patients and told the nurse to prep me for pushing. The nurse got everything ready and then asked me to give a push to see if he was ready to come. I gave a push and she the said "stop, stop. It's time hold on." She then got on the phone with the mid-wife and says "Were having a baby...NOW!" In came the mid-wife, with a med student that was shadowing her. The mid wife was super happy, I was the first one of the night to deliver a baby naturally, so she was thrilled to finally deliver a baby. She worked her magic, had me do three very small pushes, and out he came about 5 minutes later.
This is my favorite part, when I am able to hold my sweet boy. I was able to hold him for about 30 minutes....it was the best. Ryan and I just looked at our new baby, counted his toes, counted his fingers, listened to his sweet cry, it was amazing to be there, just us and share that sweet joy together of bringing a life into this world. It was the perfect labor, the perfect delivery, and a perfect little boy.








Mid-wife. I loved her! She did an amazing job.



Our first family photo.... and a lot of visitors...
Granny Johnson
Mema, Granny, Auntie Meg with Anna and Luke, and Aunt Kelly....other visitors not pictured were Papa Johnson, Auntie Nell, and Auntie Jess.










Cody's Home.... 0 to 3 weeks old


Just after his bath



Cody and Grandpa Fink

He loved to be wrapped like this for the first 6 weeks.
Everyone came over for dinner to visit Cody, Granny, Jess, Janell, me, and Matt


AJ loves his brother!
12 years ago

1 comment:
You're just about caught up! I've really enjoyed your posts. :)
Post a Comment