Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hawaii December 2012

In November my Mom, Jana, calls me up and asks if she can take me to Hawaii.....Ummmm, let me think about that!!!  Yeahhhhh! We had an amazing time there together visiting my sister, Janelle.  We were able to relax and do some fun things.  I was 30 weeks pregnant so we were a bit limited, but had a blast none the less.

Here we are waiting to board the plane to Hawaii! Did I mention, there were no kids! That is why I look so excited.  I love them, but we all need a break, right? 
Aloha! We made it.  I have to say crossing  ginormous ocean always makes me nervous.  Hawaii is beautiful, and warm! 

First sunrise!

Of course with visiting Janelle, who by the way, is on the BYU-Hawaii Volleyball team, she knows all the good places to eat, and this place had a amazing burgers.  We also ate at the place "50 first dates" was inspired by. Awesome pancakes! Oh also, my Aunt Marti is in the picture, the shorter one by me.  She is a flight attendant from, AZ, and flies there often, so she was able to hang out with us too!

My sister and I went on a walk on the beach and found this guy....hard as a rock and still in defense mode! Poor thing!


I love them, what more can I say! 

My mom and her sister, Marti

Yep, were awesome....

My mom and I went a explored this peninsula, it was really windy.  Note, take picture with wind blowing towards you. 



6 1/2 months

We found this park with breathtaking trees, seriously so beautiful. 

Hawaii's no Hawaii without a pineapple!

Polynesian Cultural Center
This place is right by BYU.  We spent a whole day here.  Such fun place and so interesting to learn about all the different cultures. 


 

I was trying to make fire, and it totally wasn't working.

Hawaii Temple 
This place is so gorgeous and I was so happy to be there with my Mom.  She is such an inspiration to me.  I am grateful for her unwavering testimony that has often lifted me up and inspired me to keep going. I love you, Mom, and feel so blessed to have you in my life!
  
 
A family of chickens...in a parking lot...how cute!

So I met this girl, she was in the movie about the girl who got her arm bit off by a shark.  She had one line. I have no idea what her name was, but it was cool.

Ryan's cousin Zach is also going to BYU-H. My mom had some errands to do and I had nothing to do so I called Zach. He was going spear fishing, that sounded fun!  I only watched from the beach, they caught some cool fish though!
A trumpet fish



This is Zach's friend and all the fish he cought. 

While we were there, there was a surf competition going on so we went and watched for a while.   



I had such a fun time in Hawaii and I can't wait to go again!  Thanks MOM!

No comments: