Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our Amazing Boy!

Over a month ago (3 weeks before he turned 3) Andrew learned how to ride a bike with no training wheels! My Aunt Tammy found this bike and then gave it to AJ about 2 months ago, with training wheels. He loved it, he would go everywhere with it. Then one Sunday night around 8:30pm AJ kept bugging Ryan to take his training wheels off. I think he saw a kid across the street riding a bike...the kid is 8...and AJ must of thought "If he can do it, so can I. Who cares if I am 2 and he's 8!" Anyways, Ryan, needing to get his mind off of his homework, gave in and got out the tools to take the wheels off. I then said to Ryan "You are doing this now, it's almost dark outside, there is no way he'll learn tonight." We then all went outside, put AJ's helmet and Ryan's elbow pads on AJ (they took up his whole arm). Ryan then plopped him on his bike and off into the sunset AJ went. He got it within 2 minutes, seriously 2 minutes! I was amazed and speechless and I was so bummed because at the time our camera was broke, but it was dark, so I guess it wouldn't of mattered anyways. So, I took some pics tonight of him. He is so fun to watch, he never ceases to amaze me with how quick he learns and the things he can do! This experience also taught me that I need to have more faith in my kids.








7 comments:

Teresa Strum said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing, you have an athlete there! And Sarah is beautiful...full of smiles. I am glad that you got a new camera so that you can post pictures.
-Teresa

Kate said...

That is...I am SPEECHLESS...maybe we should let Chase try too!!! :)

Becky said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute!!!

Emilie said...

You guys are having entirely too much fun! I love seeing AJ following his daddy's footsteps...doing all the daring things that make a mother cring in fear of an accident (but the accident never happens :) Sarah definitely lost the "newborn" look fast. I love her smile. She is a cutie!

April said...

Your camera takes awesome in-motion shots! Go AJ!

Jenna said...

3 years old!!?! Not even! That's amazing! He's getting so independent and big! Kate's kids keep getting bigger and bigger too... I keep telling her to make it stop!!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo.....that's my nephew! Way to go, buddy!