Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FIre Station Tour

Today we had the opportunity to go to a local fire station and take a tour there. AJ was so excited this whole morning to go! Once we got there AJ wasn't so sure he wanted to be there anymore. One of the fire fighters put on his gear and that is when AJ panicked and ran out of the station, crying. I followed, confused at what the problem was. He told me he didn't want him to start a fire. Then I had to explain to him that fire fighters don't start fires, they only put them out! He was still a little nervous, but then we went out back and he was able to hold and turn on one of their hoses. After that, he was in Heaven and couldn't get enough of the trucks. What a funny little man he is! You'll enjoy these pictures, I think every one AJ took he had the cheesiest smile...at least were past the "sticking out the tongue" stage!


9 comments:

The Nasmans said...

I just love that little boy. I think that is great that you take your kids to do stuff like that. You are such a good mom! I love A.J.'s cheesy smile. At least he doesn't refuse to smile right? haha

April said...

What program do you use to do the artsy stuff? There is one I use online, but it's not my favorite. I love the last picture. Sounds like a fun day!

Kate said...

What a great idea!!! I know Ty and Chase would love to go tour a Fire station. :)

Jessica said...

Hey Rachel, I think Emily called you about the fondue party, and if you want we can make bows as well. If there's time, I'll bring my stuff. If there's a certain color you want, bring the ribbon. I emailed April about it too.

Anonymous said...

You and AJ look great in that last photo! Looks like a pro shot.

Jandi said...

Rachel! Hey! Sorry I never responded to your message on facebook. I rarely check it, but I do blog more.
Anyway, your family is beautiful! I love all the pictures! Let's keep in touch!
love always,
jandi

Terie Young said...

You guys have such a cute family. Beautiful kids, cute couple! You guys are awesome!

Liz said...

Hey Ryan and Rachel! I'm getting connected with super-extended family through Ben and Jana's blog. :) Anyway, Ryan I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Ben's cousin, Liz (Ogden), which would make us first cousins once removed by marriage, I believe. :) Anyway, just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family and I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog links. I love keeping up on people...especially family...even if you are "distance" family. :)

kelsey said...

Darling pics! Hey, we're going to be in Chico this weekend for Janae's baby blessing... can you guys make it up? I think their church is at 1.