Friday, January 17, 2014

William Ryan Johnson February 26, 2013

William Ryan Johnson was born on February 26, 2013 at 10:35pm, 8 lbs. 6 oz. 
Bringing life into this world is always an experience beyond words and the closest we can get to the other side of the veil.  Labor and delivery is by far the greatest blessing and gift my Heavenly Father has given me.  I am grateful to be a mother and to finally have all our children with us on this earth. 
William's birth was long waited for and it took every ounce of me to be patient and let him come when he was meant to.  I read this quote daily... 
"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on the object we are waiting for."
That is what got me through the 4 days he was late!  He was so worth it!!!!  Here is the story of how our William Ryan came into this world....it was perfect...
First off we had no name for our sweet little guy until 2 days after he was born! Anyways, he was due on the 22 of February.  He didn't come! I tried everything, except for castor oil.  I had been dilated to a 2 for the past 2 weeks. Monday, the 25th, I went in to see the Dr. and he was able to strip my membranes, lovely! But, this definitely helped.  
Going back a little, I wanted to have this labor happen naturally, no potocin and I didn't want my water to break. Those are two things that have always happened with the others.  I wanted the excitement of counting the minutes between contractions, wondering if this was it!  
Nothing really happened on Monday, but Tuesday I started having contractions here and there.  By 3pm, they started being more consistent.  I began calling family to get things scheduled for AJ, Sarah, and Cody.  We left at about 5pm, seeing that the contractions were consistently coming every 5 minutes, and I didn't want to talk to anyone when they did. We drove the kids down to Ryan's parents, better known as Granny and Papa, they live about 30 minutes away.  When we passed through Placerville, where the hospital is, Ryan asked if he wanted me to get dropped off instead of driving down.  I told him no because I wanted to make sure this was real.  So we continued on our way.  When we got to Granny and Papa's the contractions started coming on stronger and closer, I then told Ryan we needed to go....NOW!  We got to the hospital at about 6:30. The nurse brought us to the triage room and checked me and guess what I was at? A 3 maybe 4.  That was depressing!  Since the contractions were consistant, she decided to keep me another hour and check me again to see if  I had progressed any.  Ryan went and got us some dinner, we ate it, it was yummy!  Half hour goes and she checks again, I'm barely a 4.  In order to be admitted you have to be a 4.  The nurse went to get the Dr., for his opinion, he didn't come for about 20 minutes.  Around 7:30pm the Dr. finally came and checked and I was a 7!!!!  Ryan and I were shocked!  I have never progressed so quickly! He said it was time to go in and get the Epidural going.  By 8:30 I had the epidural and was feeling so much better, there's nothing like feeling nothing (That doesn't sound good, but when it comes to feeling nothing in labor, it's great!) .  I warned the Dr. that I never feel the urge to push with an epidural so I wanted them to check me frequently to see where I was at.  After I got the epidural they check me again, I was an 8.  Then, about an hour later she checked me again, and I was almost a 9.  The nurse went to go get the Dr.  to let him know where I was at, he came in shortly thereafter, checked me and said, "It's time to push!"  Ryan and I were seriously breathless, it was going way too fast.  Our other children always took about 12 hours before they came!  So the nurses prepped me to push and about 20 minutes later I had my sweet boy in my arms. I had such a great Dr., he was so patient and took his time with delivering William.  I had no complications and no tearing.  It truly was perfect! Our baby boy was perfect.  Ryan was able to cut the cord and give him his first bath. He had the cutest, chubbiest cheeks, and looked nothing like the others.  Ryan and I enjoyed our first few hours with him, and took in our last time bringing a miracle into this world.  We finally decided on his name on Wednesday morning
William Ryan Johnson
Words can't express the blessing it has been to carry and bring our 4 children into the world.  It testifies to me each time how close our Heavenly Father is and how much he loves us and wants us to be eternally happy.  My family will be together forever through the blessings of the temple and my Savior, Jesus Christ. 
We love our sweet boy and are grateful to have such wonderful children.  We can't wait to see them all grow together and have the blessing of having one another. 






























 







No comments: